Heng’s Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste
Heng’s Malacca Classic Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste assembles fresh pandan leaves, garlic, ginger, and chicken stock to infuse white rice that naturally wafts with rich fragrance. Best served with tender, silky smooth steamed chicken and a side of home blend chilli dip to complete the ultimate oriental experience. You will be sure to enjoy this time-cherished flavour with your family and friends!
Out of stock
Heng’s Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste.
Hainanese Chicken Rice originated from the late 19th century immigrants of Hainan Province, who took up residence in Malacca, Malaysia. Hainanese Chicken Rice is a local specialty Chinese cuisine in Malacca. And it has also evolved into the unique form of “Chicken Rice Balls”. As such it remains to be Malacca’s popular highlight and loved by local and overseas visitors alike.
Heng’s Malacca Classic Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste is an ensemble of fresh pandan leaves, garlic, ginger, and chicken stock. It infuses white rice that naturally wafts with rich fragrance. It is best served with tender, silky smooth steamed chicken, and a side of home blend chilli dip, in order to complete the ultimate oriental experience.
You will be sure to enjoy this time-cherished flavour with your family and friends!
Ingredients and Preparation
- 1 packet of Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste
- 500 g fragrant white rice, and uncooked
- 600 ml water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 fresh pandan leaves
3 Simple Steps: Add, Cook, Serve
- Mix in Chicken Rice Paste with 500g (3 cups) uncooked white rice, together with 600ml water and 2 tablespoons margarine into the rice cooker.
- Add 2 fresh pandan leaves and mix evenly, then put the mixture to cook.
- Once cooked, service with poached chicken meat while hot.
There are also other kinds of Hainanese Chicken Rice paste available.
See our Guide to Hainanese Chicken Rice for more information.
Hainanese Chicken Rice
- A packet of instant Hainanese Chicken Rice paste
- 500 g uncooked rice
- 600 ml water
- 2 tablespoon margarine
- 2 pandan leaves Optional
- Wash the uncooked rice until water runs clear to get rid of excess starch
- Empty the rice into rice cooker or steamer, add in water
- Add in the Hainanese Chicken Rice paste and the margarine. Mixed well.
- Add the pandan leaves and put the mixture to cook.
- Once cooked, served with chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, special chilli sauce, soy sauce and ginger sauce
|Dimensions||21 × 17 × 0.3 cm|